Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb (hereafter Faculty) is the leading scientific-research and educational institution in the Republic of Croatia in the field of biomedicine and health, and in particular the field of pharmacy and the branches of pharmacy and medical biochemistry. 132-year activity of the Faculty of Education of high-quality professional staff, conducting scientific research and professional projects and projects in cooperation with industry, was and still is the main driver of development in these fields. Quality assurance at the Faculty considers the continuing process integrated into everyday teaching and scientific research.
The basic principles of the establishment of quality assurance system are reflected in:
• Mission and vision of the Faculty, strategic goals and tasks associated with measurable performance indicators, and continuous monitoring of quality indicators as a basis for revising the strategy of quality assurance and quality policy;
• Development and management of the system of quality assurance in accordance with the strategic documents of the Faculty and the University, the legal regulations in the Republic of Croatia, the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) and the criteria for external evaluation of the Agency for Science and Higher Education;
• Procedures of internal and external periodic independent judgment of the quality assurance system in accordance with the guidelines of the Agency for Science and Higher Education of Croatia for the purpose of its continuous improvement;
• Creating an enabling environment for the promotion of quality culture at the Faculty and the permanent investment in the development and improvement of the teaching process, scientific research, supporting the professional values and knowledge transfer;
• Close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders of quality assurance system:
students, faculty, the community at the local and national level, the relevant ministry and national and international agencies.
The Commission for quality assurance submits annual reports on its activities to the Faculty Council. A certified copy of the annual report, adopted by the Faculty Council is then delivered to the Quality Management Office of the University of Zagreb.
The activities of the Commission for quality assurance at the Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry are presented via the Faculty website.