prof. dr. sc. Mirna Sučić
Phone: 01 3712 369
Address: Department of Medical Biochemistry and Haematology
Domagojeva 2, 10000 Zagreb
Mirna Sučić, PhD is a full professor, at the Department of Medical Biochemistry and Haematology. She organizes and teaches graduate courses: Haematology 1, Haematology 2, Cytology and Hystology and Clinical Biochemistry with Haematology, and at the doctoral studies Pharmaceutical and Biochemical Sciences: Immunocitochemistry and Molecular Biology of Haematologic Malignant Diseases, Recent Advances in Haematology and Diagnostics of Malignant Tumors. The main area of scientific and professional interests are haematology and cytomorphological diagnostics of haematological diseases, cytochemical and immunocytochemical diagnosis of tumors and haematological malignancies and the application of new diagnostic methods and approaches in cytology diagnosis.
- 1997. Zagreb University School of Medicine, Postgraduate Study, PhD degree in the field of biomedicine and health
- 1990. Zagreb University School of Medicine, Postgraduate Study, MSc degree in in the field of biomedicine and health
- 1979. Zagreb University School of Medicine, graduated as medical doctor, MD
- 2010. – to date: Department for Pathology and Cytology Clinical Hospital "Sveti Duh" (as Head of Department of Pathology and Cytology 2010. – 2012.) and as Head of Division of Cytology (2014. - to date)
- 2006. – 2010.: Head of Department of Cytology, Clinical Department of Pathology and Cytology, KBC Zagreb
- 1983. – 2010.: Department of Cytology, Clinical Department of Laboratory Diagnostics, KBC Zagreb, and from 1988. as a specialist in clinical cytology and from 2003. to date as “primarius” (degree of Ministry of Health of Croatia)
- 1980. – 1983.: general practitioner, Local Health Care Center “Trnje”
Zagreb University Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Department for Medical Biochemistry and Haematology (cumulative employment):
- 2012. – to date: full professor
- 2006. – 2012.: associated professor
- 2001. – 2006.: assistant professor
- 1997. – 2001.: senior assistant
Zagreb University School of Medicine:
- 2008. – to date: associated professor
- 2004. – 2008.: assistant professor for Postgraduate Study "Clinical Cytology"
- Principal investigator: 2008.-2013. Cytological markers of cell proliferation (Project Ministry of Science Education and Sport of Croatia -MZOS)
- Collaborative: 2000. – 2003. Clinical investigation Pliva and Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry "Influence of Azitromicine and other macrolides on neutrophyl functions"
- Collaborative: on 5 MZOS projects:
- Role of PI3K/Akt and MAPK in regulation of leukemic cell chemoresistance, 2006. -2010.
- Impact of bone marrow stromal cells on growth and differentiation of leukemic blast cells, 2002.-2004.
- Biological cell parameters of acute mixed leukemias, 1997.-2002.
- Laboratory diagnostics of malignancy of acute human leukemias, 1991.-1993.
- Peptidoglycan – monomer, projekt MZOS, 1991.-1995.
Memberships in scientific and professional societies:
- Croatian Assembly of medical doctors, Croatian Chamber of medical doctors, Croatian Society for Clinical cytology, European Society for Clinical Cytology, KROHEM, European Haematological Society-EHA
Postdoctoral studies on international haematological seminars:
- 1998. Seminar on acute myeloid leukaemia, Haldensee, Austria
- 1996. "New Trends in the treatment of acute leukaemia", Brijuni
- 1989. "New Trends in the treatment of acute leukaemia", Dubrovnik
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)