doc. dr. sc. Maja Bival Štefan
Phone: 01 6394 794
Address: Department of Pharmacognosy
Marulićev trg 20/II, 10000 Zagreb
Maja Bival Štefan is a research assistant at the Department of Pharmacognosy. She teaches graduate courses Pharmacognosy 1 and 2 and Isolation of natural bioactive compounds. Her scientific interests include biological effects of phenolic acids and biological effects and phytochemical characterisation of Lamiaceae species, with special emphasis on endemic and subendemic species.
- 2004 Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb, Graduate study of Pharmacy, academic title: Master of Pharmacy
- 2008 – today: assistant at Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2004 – 2008: research assistant at Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- October – December 2010. Karl-Franzens Universität Graz, Austria
- Associate on projects funded by the University of Zagreb: Biological effects and phytochemical characterization of traditionally used medicinal plants (2013) and Investigation of secondary plant metabolites biomedicinal potential (2014). Associate on projects funded Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia: 1) Interactions of Gallium (III) and Iron (II) with antiproliferative drugs (2004-2008, project ID: 006-0061117-1243) and 2) Bioactive compounds: isolation, characterization and biological effects (2007-2012, project ID: 006-0061117-1238)
Awards and honours:
- The University of Zagreb, scholarship during graduate study.
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)