dr. sc. Hrvoje Rimac
Phone: 01 4813 677
Address: Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Ante Kovačića 1, 10000 Zagreb
Hrvoje Rimac, MPharm, MBioTech is a Teaching and Research Assistant at the Department of Medicinal Chemistry. He was involved in teaching graduate level courses: Medicinal Chemistry 1, Drug Metabolism, Drug Design, and Biochemical Basis of Toxicity of Endobiotics and Xenobiotics. His scientific interests include spectrophotometry and chromatography, synthesis of hydroxyurea derivatives and statistical modeling and vizualization of biological effects of flavonoids.
- 2015 – today. Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Postgraduate Specialist Studies Drug Development
- 2012 – today: Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Postgraduate doctoral study, field of science: Biomedicine and Health
- 2011 – 2013: Faculty of Food Technology and Biotechnology, University of Zagreb, Graduate Study of Molecular Biotechnology, academic title: MBioTech
- 2006 – 2011: Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Graduate Study of Pharmacy, academic title: MPharm
- 2012 – today: assistant at the Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb.
- September – December 2014: National Institute for Agronomic Research INRA (supervision of Claire Dufour, PhD), Avignon, France.
- Associate on the projects: “Biologically Actives Compounds, Metabolites, and QSAR” (2007 – 2013, project ID: 0061117-1237), funded by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of the Republic of Croatia, a Croatian Science Foundation project „“ (2015 – 2018, UIP-2014-09-5704), and “Structural Basis of Flavonoids Responsible for Metabolic and Distribution Interactions, and Antiaggregatory effect” (2013) and „Primaquine and cinnamic acid derivatives as potential cytostatics“ (2014), funded by the University of Zagreb.
Awards and honours:
- Rector’s award for independently coordinated research entry “Antifungal and Antioxidative Activity of Some Natural Polyphenols”.
- Municipal scholarship: awarded by the city of Zagreb on the basis of academic excellence.
- Scholarship from the Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of the Republic of Croatia.
- Croatian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2016 – today)
- Croatian Chemical Society (2014 – today)
- Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers (2014 – today)
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)