izv. prof. dr. sc. Ana-Marija Domijan
Phone: 01 6189 926
Address: Department of Pharmaceutical Botany
Schrottova 39, 10000 Zagreb
Ana-Marija Domijan, PhD is associated professor at the Department for Pharmaceutical Botany. She teaches graduate course Cell biology with genetics. Her scientific and research interests include mechanisms of toxicity of natural toxins, primarily mycotoxins.
- 2005. Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb, academic title: PhD, field of science: Biomedicine and health
- 2001. Faculty of Science; University of Zagreb, Postgraduate study in natural science field of biology, academic title: MSc in the field of biology (toxicology)
- 1997. Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb, Undergraduate study of Medicinal Biochemistry, title: BSc in Medicinal Biochemistry
- 2013-today: associate professor at Department for Pharmaceutical Botany, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2008-2013: assistant professor at Department for Pharmaceutical Botany, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry; University of Zagreb
- 2006-2008: senior research assistant at Unit of Toxicology, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb
- 1998-2006: research assistant at Unit of Toxicology, Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb
- March-August 2009 and April-September 2010 Institute of Neurology, University College London; PostDoc program granted by Croatian Science Foundation
- May-July 2007 Institute for Public Health, University of Copenhagen; PostDoc fellowship granted by “Environmental cancer risk, nutrition and individual susceptibility – ECNIS” project (FP6)
- November 1998 Institute for toxins and mycotoxins, Bari, Italy; bilateral project, Croatia-Italy
- Associate on projects founded by the University of Zagreb: Activation of TLR2 and TLR4 receptors by Hsp70 protein (2014) and 2) Interactions of toxic metabolites aerogenic moulds and their impact on human health (2013).
- Associate on projects founded by Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia:
- 1) Toxic effects of mycotoxins on humans and animals (2007-2012, project ID: 022-0222148-2142),
- 2) Effects of mycotoxins on humans and animals (2002-2006, project ID: 0022018) and
- 3) Mycotoxins and their effects on human and animals (1995-2001, project ID: 00220106).
- Associate on International project (bilateral project between Italy and Croatia): Mycotoxins as cause of oesophageal cancer (2000-2002) and leader of project founded by Croatian Science Foundation, PostDoc program: Neurotoxicity of mycotoxin fumonisin B1 (2009-2010).
Awards and honours:
- 2008 Award of Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health for Young Researcher with the highest number of scientific papers published in 2007 in scientific journals that are covered (indexed) in CC, SCI and/or SSCI
- 2007 Award of Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health for a scientific paper published in Archives of Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology that is cited at least 7 times in SCI and/or SSCI
- 2006 Award of Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health for Young Researcher with the highest number of scientific papers published in 2005 in scientific journals that are covered (indexed) in CC, SCI and/or SSCI
- 2006 Award of The Society of University Teachers, Scholars and Other Scientists - Zagreb to young scientists for scientific paper in the field of biomedicine published in 2005/2006
- Member of Croatian Toxicological Society
- Member of Croatian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 20.-22. 10. 2014 “InnoMol Bioimaging Workshop”; Institute Ruđer Bošković
- 3.-7. 11. 2003 methodological course “DNA and RNA”; Institute Ruđer Bošković
- 5.-13. 10. 2002 “IX Risk Assessment Summer School -RASS IX”; International Union of Toxicology (IUTOX)
- 29. 8.-9. 9. 2000 “Regional Training Workshop on Development of Quality Assurance for Mycotoxin Analysis of Food and Feed”; IAEA and FAO
The works included in the Croatian scientific bibliography (CROSBI)